Thursday, October 23, 2008

You know you lived in Detroit too long when...

So I'm sure my tune will change the first really cold rainy day, but right now...I really love my ~30 minute stroll to work in the morning and evening. My boss keeps nagging me to order my car, and I keep stalling (I'm saving the company money, right?), because I am really in no hurry to have an excuse not to trek by foot. (And let's face it, if I had a car the temptation would be great...take, for example, the fact that sometimes I ride the elevator to my second floor apartment and not just when I have heavy bags!)

Tonight I was walking along processing my day and the other bazillions of things that can occupy my mind, when I noticed a guy standing in a doorframe, and cringed thinking "Oh jeez, man, do you really have to relieve yourself there?"

Now, some of you are probably cringing and asking yourself "what?!" But those of you who spent any time at the 434 probably saw that (and more) looking out my windows. (House-sitter Josh, are you with me?)

I remember one really cold winter day when I first moved into the 'hood. There was a scantily clad woman standing at the corner..."That's a really sassy outfit, but don't you think she's cold?" I asked my friend, who proceeded to reply, "She might be cold...but that's her job!" OHHH.

ahhh, my sweet Detroit.

2 comments:

Josh said...

:P I never noticed until a friend came over, looked across the street and pointed it out to me.

Jodi said...

p.s. I thought I should add that the guy was just standing in the doorway....nothing else. ;-)