Several years ago, some friends and I tried kombucha. I still laugh out loud when I remember the big gulps we took to quench our thirsts……….quickly realizing kombucha is not something to be gulped. The FAQ section of this website sums it up quite well:
It sort of tastes like vinegar, is that normal?
The Kombucha is a cultured beverage so it does have a similar taste of a cider or vinegar. Our taste buds are so used to sugary drinks that the tart and tangy taste of Kombucha might initially catch you off guard.
Catch you off guard or make you gag!
I’ve been off the kombucha bandwagon since then, but just crawled back on because there are so many creepy-crawly-germies floating around these parts...and I like a challenge……and it was on sale at Whole [Paycheck] Foods.
Currently, instead of my normal little glass of OJ in the morning, I put down a little glass of kombucha. I have no idea if it’s actually doing anything……in fact, the Mayo Clinic is not a big fan.
But it’s sorta like, man, if it tastes that bad, it must be good for you!
1 comment:
Ha, I was just reading this in my body+soul magazine and wondering if it worked and how it tasted. After your reports I might just stick to my morning cup of honey ginseng green tea...
-Liv
Post a Comment