...that my best friends Rachel and Scott are expecting their fourth child any day now!
I remember being home for Christmas vacation during grad school when Lucy, their first child, was born. I was working on my thesis, when Rachel called and said "Get thee to the hospital...we're having a baby." And voila, it was a girl! Precious Lucy is now 7. Starting violin lessons. And just generally making the world a better place.
When Jed was born, I was at the office in Detroit. I remember we were in the thick of some fuel economy legislative battle--gee, it's like groundhog day!--when Scott called to say Jedediah made his appearance. Now he's 6. A wild child with a heart of pure gold.
Macky was a stinkerbutt and kept us waiting. It was a gorgeous spring day and I was taking a walk around Belle Isle when the call came that MacKay was in the world. An independent 3 year-old who will still let you cuddle him (most days!)--a gem!
And now we wait for Daisy. I'm full of excitement and expectancy to meet her. Someday I'll tell her about getting the news of her birth while in Brussels and all the joy and happiness I felt in that moment.
The Babies are such a blessing! I love being (cool) Aunti Jodi.
1 comment:
I hope someday the four of them can sit with you and tell you how great it has been to be loved by their cool Aunt Jodi!
Post a Comment