Friday, August 31, 2007

Trilldoggy Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood

There are so many things going on in Detroit this weekend—it is making my head spin. The Grand Prix is back in town thanks to the leadership of Roger Penske. In fact, this morning I could hear the power of those Formula One cars practicing: vrooooooooooom vrooooooooooooooooooom!

It is also JazzFest. 4 days of some of the world’s best jazz…including my old friends Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood.


Okay, so they’re not really my old friends. But they make me think of my good old friend Trill. I have Trill to thank for introducing me to so many amazing musicians. From Bill Frisell to SigurRos to Cat Power to Ryan Adams, as well as MMW and John Scofield...and on and on.

So I’ll be thinking of you this weekend Trilldoggy and wishing you, Simone and Bri could be here to check out the acts with me!

No comments: