One of my favorite foods in Europe is the yogurt…the dairy products in general are delicious, but the yogurt…oh the yogurt.
Tonight I ran to the market after work…literally…the store was closing in 15 minutes so I had to quickly gather up the few essentials needed. While running through the dairy section, I decided to pick up some vanilla yogurt—my favorite “store bought” flavor.
And believe me, in my short month in Brussels, I’ve done a pretty good job of tasting a cross sampling of the various vanilla yogurts out there.
I also have a rule that every trip to the market has to include at least one new item…no fair picking up the same 7 items every week…life is short and there is a lot to explore while one has the opportunity.
Back to tonight’s romp through the dairy aisle…so I’m scanning the yogurt section looking for a vanilla yogurt yet to be discovered…and saw a new brand, and in my rush, decided a new brand counted as a new item….and we were off.
Well, I just opened one of the cups for an after dinner treat…super excited…and took a bite…..WHOAH!
I quickly flashed back to my vegetarian years spent trying to convince myself that soy milk tasted as good, if not better, than the stuff from the cow. Lies! (Of course, there was that trip to the dairy farm and the fresh warm whey that nearly did me in on real milk too.)
In my haste, I picked up vanilla YOFU made with 100% soya!!
Go ahead laugh. But at least I really tried something new.
No comments:
Post a Comment