Too bad you can't see the string of emails I received from my Mom last night. She was keeping me updated on Darren McCarty's great night at the Joe. They were so cute...titled things like "OH MY GOSH" when Darren had scored two goals in the playoff game. Who's Darren McCarty? He's a Red Wing. A hockey player. He played many seasons with the Wings and helped us win three championships. Darren was always the fun, wild kid...and it kinda got the better of him (read this article for the scoop...it's an encouraging story of a life never being beyond the reach of hope for a better, different, tomorrow.) Darren, through humility, friends and a few miracles (he said so himself!) has found his way back to the ice in Detroit. And we couldn't be happier for him nor to have him.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Who doesn't love a good comeback story?
Too bad you can't see the string of emails I received from my Mom last night. She was keeping me updated on Darren McCarty's great night at the Joe. They were so cute...titled things like "OH MY GOSH" when Darren had scored two goals in the playoff game. Who's Darren McCarty? He's a Red Wing. A hockey player. He played many seasons with the Wings and helped us win three championships. Darren was always the fun, wild kid...and it kinda got the better of him (read this article for the scoop...it's an encouraging story of a life never being beyond the reach of hope for a better, different, tomorrow.) Darren, through humility, friends and a few miracles (he said so himself!) has found his way back to the ice in Detroit. And we couldn't be happier for him nor to have him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so happy to hear this!
Now, if I see him at Costco again, I can actually say something!
Post a Comment