I love celebrating birthdays, but totally stink at remembering them! It is one of the things I value most about Facebook…the birthday reminder thing, because I am horrible at remembering. I can generally get the month right, but the day…it’s 50/50.
For example, last week I hung up the phone after leaving a chatty voicemail for dearest friend Linda. Only to quickly call back in a panic to say ‘Oh my gosh, if today is your birthday, I am so so sorry!’ I knew her birthday was in July and figured it would be just like me to call her on her birthday and yet totally miss her special day.
Fortunately, I didn’t miss it. Her birthday is TODAY. And since the Belgian postal system is so unpredictable (or did I never manage to actually get a card in the mail?)…I’m sending Linda some birthday love via the blog.
Linda is everything I’d wish for in an older-wiser sister. I remember when we started taking pilates at the Y and our teacher Tim (a.k..a. stick-your-leg-up-in-the-air-and-breath-pilates teacher) asked us after class one day if we were sisters. And while we’re not, we totally are, if you know what I mean!
Granted she’s not thaaaat much older than me, but she is older. Teeheehee. And she’s definitely wiser! Oh the wisdom, hope and love she has spoken into my life. For example, when I was first getting settled here in Brussels, she encouraged me to keeping trusting God and open my heart to the people and things he’s wanted to teach me.
She’s also incredibly brave. In ways that I can’t begin to explain in a little blog post. And an amazing cook. Oh how I smile to think of the chats in her kitchen while chopping vegetables. And a wife and mother that I deeply admire.
What else is she? Well, she is coming to Brussels in approximately 23 days. But who’s counting?
Happy Birthday Dear Linda! Happy Birthday to You!
2 comments:
Heehee - I do that to Beth almost Every Year! I call, forget to mention her bday. Or call, not realizing its her bday.... ahh well :)
Ahhhh.....Beth! How is she? (I still remember how sweet her family was to host us for your wedding! Gosh--your wedding!) xox
Post a Comment