Paul W. Smith is broadcasting from the RenCen Wintergarden this morning. He’s the morning host on WJR, a local news-talk radio station, otherwise known as the Great Voice of the Great Lakes.
Every morning when I was growing up, my Mom would have WJR playing on the radio in the kitchen while we were getting ready for school and work. J.P. McCarthy was the morning host in those days. His morning musings were as much a part of the day as my bowl of Rice Krispies with banana and a glass of orange juice.
A few months ago, I switched my alarm clock radio from NPR to WJR. Sure, I may not be up on the latest progressive trends, but I know what’s on the minds of the movers and shakers in the region I love...now if only someone would have my kefir smoothie and cup of coffee on the table waiting for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment