Saturday, May 2, 2009

A little ramble from me to you

Bonjour my sweets!  How are you?  I’ve been a little lazy in corresponding lately, I realize (especially to you, Alli!).  Not on purpose.  On any given day, I’m either holding my breath for the latest news from Detroit or breathing-in deep my life here in Brussels.  And finding the in-between place from which to write you sometimes seems vexing. 


Vexing.  I need to look that word up.  Anytime I use a word that I sorta know, but not exactly, I’m always reminded of drafting my Master’s thesis.  I used the word usurp incorrectly (even though it sounded right!)—and Frank, advisor-extraordinaire, kindly wrote a scribble asking if that was really the word I meant to use (it was, and it wasn’t!). 


Subtracting the low-grade hum of uncertainty at the office, things are great here.  Spring is in full bloom. And I am constantly amazed at the beauty of this little city Brussels.  It has started to steal my heart a bit.  It was bound to happen really.  There is a little bit of Detroit-feel to me here…an underdog little place that people love to whine about, but at the end of the day realize it’s quite charming.


Brussels charm is enhanced by the sparkling people in my midst.  It’s tempting to write little profiles of their shine, but that might be weird.  So, just take my word for it (or come visit and see for yourself!).


I better get back to my chores.  I keep reminding myself that if my home-life is organized, it frees up so much mental and physical energy to be focused on living every moment I’m given here (instead of fretting about the pile of laundry on my bedroom floor!)….TTFN.  xox

No comments: